Re: [NSW] A few more questions...

Thanks very much for all this info.

Are there any good websites out there with this kind of information? Also,
when were the DEB and 620/720 sets and loco services replaced with
Endeavours?

Rgds
J. Boles
Sydney, Australia

jaboles AT bigpond DOT com
decoy.address@spam.trasher.com

"Graham Smith" <dysonsmith@idx.com.au> wrote in message
3af48433@news1.idx.com.au">news:3af48433@news1.idx.com.au...
> South Coast services
>
> Loco-hauled - South Coast Daylight express began as steam-hauled CUB set,
> then loco-hauled air-conditioned cars, before the railcars. Stopping
trains
> were mostly 32 class with end platform cars or lightweight compartment
cars
> in the steam era, then 48 class in the diesel era.
>
> A bit of  family loco hauled history - My grandfather used to drive the
> South Coast back in the steam days, and he used to tell the story of a
bloke
> who caught the train from Austinmer to Syndey every day in the late 40's
> early 50's. This bloke lived across the road from the station and used to
> wait until the last minute mainly running up the ramp and causing the
train
> to wait and thus lose time. Came the day my granddad got tired of the
game,
> the guard blew his whistle, the 32 class was given its head, and our
friend
> was left standing at the bottom of the station ramp. Called before the
Chief