Re: XPT's Reduced

"Marc Hunt" <tcpkl@po.jaring.my> wrote in message
9d0h7b$rlb$1@news6.jaring.my">news:9d0h7b$rlb$1@news6.jaring.my...

> This is probably why Country link is wallowing in the same horrendus work
> practices and industrial relations that they suffered in the early 70's
and
> the end result is that the paying passenger suffers, lets forget about the
> freeloaders, pensioners and students they don't count, although there
seems
> to be more of them than actual full fare paying customers.

To be fair, they have reformed somewhat - once upon a time, they had a
conductor, a hostess, three or four buffet staff, a guard and two drivers
operating sectors like Sydney-Goulburn. The Dubbo XPT had four crews once
between Sydney and Dubbo!

These days, you have the PSS doing the job of the guard, the conductor, and
probably the hostess as well. You have the buffet crew also doing "passenger
care" duties, such as assisting with baggage. You only have one driver, who
goes all the way from Sydney to Dubbo (gone from eight to one in the
cockp^H^H^H^H^Hdrivers cabin!)

> As always Dave , not a personal attack on your good self, just the
situation

Oh good, too many are attacking me (I know, I deserve it in the QR thread
where I got my acronyms wrong!)

Dave