Re: [Vic] I've got nothing to say,I just want to make this thread longer

dj_wiseguy2_nospam@yahoo.com (Paul Jones) wrote in <9d0a6v$g00n4$1@ID-
65853.news.dfncis.de>:

>When you're on a free ISP and have a free news server who cares about
>bandwidth???
>
>~500 posts x 1kb = 500Kb
>~300 users X 500Kb = 150Mb Total
>
>Hardly worth screaming about. I download more than this in 10 days!

It's what goes from the outside world into the ISP's news server that
counts really. So, if 300 people do download that 500kb each, 500kb has
gone through the ISP's external link, and been distributed internally to
300 people making 150mb transfer. If then the ISP charges people for news
by data, then they are making a profit on 149.5mb of data transfer.

MK.

--
To email me, just remove ".spam" or else your reply gets directed to the
bit bucket.

Never engage in an intellectual argument with an idiot.
They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience --
(Unknown)