Re: Airtrain [QLD] End of elevated track at airport.

"Dave Proctor" <david@spambait.proctor.net> wrote in message
> But there will be restrictive signal aspects coming into the terminus,
won't
> there? The driver will have to cancel the audible alarm, won't he?
<snip>
>. The
> restrictive signal aspects, requiring an affirmative action from the
driver
> (cancelling the alarm) will serve as a reminder of this.

Oh sure Dave. It's a wonderful system. Not only does it remind the driver to
slow his train, it also reminds him that it's not a good time to keel over
dead AND it even reminds the brakes not to fail at that point! Oh, in case
you missed it, I'm being sarcastic mate.

> [...snip pointless explanation of the stop blocks since it is not what I
was
> referring to...]
>
> Dave

Jesus Dave, not only are you clueless but you're blind too. Pointless
explanation of stop blocks? Here's the original question asked. I suggest
you READ IT this time!!

> > > from

What is a restrictive signal gonna do Dave? Jump out and catch a runaway
train? THAT is what the "pointless stop block" does. We don't have train
stops up here and you KNOW that. Sure the last signal only displays red or
FLASHING yellow but a driver could still acknowledge the AWS and pass the
signal at speed.

Read it again pal. "What is there to stop a train from running off the
end?". Don't forget, things CAN go wrong (like brake failures etc).
Thankfully, they are rare but a safety system must still be put in place and
THAT is what the original question was all about.

Y'know Dave, most people stop when they've hit rock bottom but you just keep
digging, doncha?.

--
Matt Smith
Brisbane, Australia

Email - mattyq1009 at dingoblue dot net dot au

Notice - All comments and opinions made herein are that of the author only
and do not represent the official view of QR. All text included in this post
(and/or reply) is copyright to the author. This message may not be
reproduced in whole or in part without the express written permission of the
author.