Re: [VIC? NSW?] OT - doubling efficiency/frequent service

With Sydney's rapidly increasing demand for public transport (look at the
morning peak trains and you'll find perhaps the only train with spare seats
is one from Carlingford line...), double deck buses NOT double deck trains
are needed. Anyone been on Sydney's trains will realise there're only 2
doors/carriage, which is a real constraint to loading times. Buses can have
a variable length (many DD buses come in lengths of 10.6m, 11.0m, 11.3m,
12m, 12.5m, 14.5m etc) but trains cannot (ie "extending" the train...say
from current maximum of 8 to 12 cars).

perhaps after the Millennium deliveries CityRail should start looking back
at single deck rollingstock...perhaps with less seats for more standees as
Sydney's public transport population continues to balloon.

Hubert