Re: CityRail Customer Service Awards

PastDue <UseByDate@Expired.com> wrote in message
3AF13F43.93F6225E@Expired.com">news:3AF13F43.93F6225E@Expired.com...
> And the winner this week (2nd week running) is Parramatta.
>
> Last weeks award was for their concern and dedication in announcing that the
5.58pm
> Bankstown service was cancelled at 5.59pm with the cherry advice thaat the
next train to
> Lidcombe departed at 6.14pm - this means a 40 minute delay for travellers
not in know.
> Extra big bonus here as they never advise catching the next train to
Granville with onward
> connection to Lidcombe (travel delay approx 10mins). Meritorious service
award given to
> the bright spark who decided that the train would indeed still run departing
Granville 10
> minutes late but only stop Auburn & Bankstown - delaying a west bound
service at Lidcombe
> nearly 5 minutes in the process.

Similar things are advocated in the Carlingford line timetable (at least
21/05/00 unrevised version).  Carlingford line connections at Clyde are only
given with western line trains and not South via Granville trains sometimes
exagerating journey times.

The corker however is the weekday 1645 from Carlingford to Clyde (arr Clyde
1658).  The TT shows the connection as 1703 Clyde to Central service (arr
Central at 1755 after the grand circle tour via Bankstown and Sydenham).  If
you catch the 1715 Clyde to City service (ex Blacktown) you arrive at Central
at 1741.  Slightly better the 1712 Clyde to City service (ex Campbelltown) has
you at Central at 1739.  Is an announcement made at Clyde suggesting travel on
one of the later services?

Up there with 131500's travel planner (last time I tried) not recognising
Brooklyn and Hawkesbury River as the same place.  You want to go to Brooklyn,
catch a train to Berowra and change to a bus to Brooklyn!

Chris