Re: [QLD] Park Road upgrade nearly complete (and QR timetables)

"Steven McIntyre" <stev@uq.net.au> wrote in message
aPvH6.64$l_3.177@news1.rochd1.qld.optushome.com.au">news:aPvH6.64$l_3.177@news1.rochd1.qld.optushome.com.au...
> [The platform layout for Park Road is a bit weird.  Platforms 1 and 4
> being single.  Platforms 2/3 are an island, but platform 3 starts south
> of the station finishing halfway up platform 2.]
> (As a sidenote, Cleveland trains have to run off Platforms 1 and 2)
>
>   In theory the XPT could stop at Park Road though I doubt it'll be
> happening anytime in the near future.  May be used as a backup though
> if some problem did occur preventing the XPT from reaching Roma Street.

Thats one advantage of this Platform, if major work is being done on the
Dual-Gauge between Vulture St.. er, sorry, South Bank station and Roma
Street, the XPT can be terminated in this platform.

>   I've noticed the 4 Gold Coast services (2 out and 2 in) over the weekend
> via Sherwood have been scrapped (they now run via South Brisbane as they
> originally did).

They were running at a loss, most Ipswich line passengers caught the train
to Roma Street and caught the Robina train from there.

>   2 trains an hour on a Saturday to the Airport??? Seemed strange to me,
as
> there are 4 trains an hour on a Sunday (from Roma St this is btw).

Sunday is the busiest day at the Brisbane Airport.

>   Services between Yeerongpilly and Corinda have been cut back
substantially.
> This isn't a surprise, the rumours on this have been going on for ages.
> There are a few services running to Corinda/Darra/Sherwood each morning
> via South Brisbane (and the reverse).

The shuttle will last 3 weeks after the 7th May, before the Buranda ->
Corinda bus service takes over.