Re: Sydney/Melbourne transport comparisons

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001 19:28:44 +1100, Ben Munro <sporologist@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Tezza e
>>
>> You must be mistaken, Cityrail ticket machines almost always work perfectly,
>> are never faulty and never get vandalised.
>
>Those are the newer touch screen ones. I have only used them a few
>times. Perhaps they are more unreliable than the older ones?

Isn't that progress? If you have somthing that works and works well
(which in the 2 years I lived in Sydney I never had a problem) then
why not reinvent the wheel and introduce somthing that doesn't work
and is obviously prone to more faults! (Touch screens will fail more
than a dumb button)
 Ashley Wright, Canberra, Australia
 www:  http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ajwright