Re: Does not commute: CityRail's shame file

Tezza <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
3a9e3e0c$0$25513$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a9e3e0c$0$25513$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> "Chris Downs" <cvdowns@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> K0rn6.488$o4.22878@ozemail.com.au">news:K0rn6.488$o4.22878@ozemail.com.au...
> |
> | Tezza
>
> | > BTW, they *did* give figures (data) for the best, but maybe not
> percentages.
> |
> | Of course I know what you mean by "maybe" as it has a context.  However if
> | were to be absolutely literal, you're wrong.  There was no maybe about it,
> the
> | SMH stated that CityRail did not give them those figures.
>
> I meant exactly what I said, not what you think I said. If they didn't, then
> disregard the "maybe" and stop trying to read between the lines and read the
> lines instead.

Read the lines exactly but be mindful of imaginary conditional statements that
should be removed in certain unspecified circumstances.

That's too much for me - but how do you tackle words with multiple meanings in
the absence of context?.  No, PLEASE don't answer that.

Goodnight.

Chris