Re: Does not commute: CityRail's shame file

Tezza <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
3a9e2cd7$0$25505$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a9e2cd7$0$25505$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> "Chris Downs"
> | Tezza <
> | > "Chris Downs"

> Strange how

> bosses prepare to lobby
> they have released
> the strategy they
> | > | > | > | > |
> North Sydney and the
> due at Turrella by
> from the SMH article.

> article says
> | > | > | > |
> aus.rail
> need to

> services. When I
> requirement not
> | > | > |
> other than

> is.
> | > |
> 1 of 3
> departure
> all)?
> | >
> | > I refered only to your comment. You said they didn't provide figures for
> the
> | > best when the article quite clearly and plainly says they did.

> context)
> | >
> | > I didn't choose *any* figures. You said they didn't provide figures for
> the
> | > best when the article quite clearly and plainly says they did.

> | > I wasn't choosing anything, you said they didn't provide figures for the
> | > best when the article quite clearly and plainly says they did.

> | > I referred only to your comment. You said they didn't provide figures
> for
> | > the best when the article quite clearly and plainly says they did.
> Hopefully
> | > I've said it enough times now that it'll finally sink in. You said
> something
> | > that was wrong. I corrected you. End of story.
> |
> | To quote the 2 relevant (to this thread) paragraphs from the article
> again:
>
> You didn't need to, they're still at the top.
>

> | "As State Rail bosses prepare to lobby to increase fares by an average 3.3
> per
> | cent from July, they have released data which shows the 20 worst and 20
> best
> | services, and the strategy they hope will fix the problem."
> |
> | "The best services were, in the morning, the 6.05 from North Sydney and
> the
> | 6.21 and 7.04 from Hornsby and, in the evening, the train due at Turrella
> by
> | 5.33.  Ontime percentages were not given".
> |
> | My comment was "Strange how CityRail didn't give figures for the best!".
> The
> | SMH said they weren't given (please indicate where I've misread).
>
> Were it says that they were given. "they have released data which shows the
> 20 worst and 20 best
> services".
>

> | Of course this is not to say CityRail didn't release them,
>
> When of course they did, "they have released data which shows the 20 worst
> [...]

So CityRail did give figures for the best but we also know from the SMH that
CityRail didn't give figures for the best.  What a conundrum, both statements
are true.  So how am I wrong and you right?

Chris