Re: English Railway Accident

"Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
3a9f32fd$0$25489$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a9f32fd$0$25489$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> "David Mayall" <davidmayall@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> 3a9f2ede_1@news01.one.net.au">news:3a9f2ede_1@news01.one.net.au...
> | Dis this happen in austraylia, NO.  shood it be discused here? No.
>
> It was in New England David. Been busy driving the Orient Expresss lately,
> we haven't heard from in in a while? Or were you actually driving both the
> trains that crashed.

Not to mention driving the Land Rover as well, *and* he was in control of
the locomotive that was shunting the factory yard adjacent to where the
train collision took place.

Seriously, this discussion of the Mark IV and earlier coaching stock in the
UK has led me to wondering about the stock used in the XPT (which is
basically the same type of train as the GNER HST125 that was involved in the
crash). Are the XPT coaches equivalent to the Mark 1 or Mark IV coaches?