Re: [UK] Ironic

" Ian" <iansmith@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
3a9ddf68$0$25473$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a9ddf68$0$25473$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> How ironic............RE the Rail tragedy in England
> "Earlier, it emerged that the engine on the passenger train was the same
as
> the one involved in the Hatfield derailment in October last year.
>
> A GNER spokesman confirmed that engine 91023 had pulled both trains
although
> he stressed that this had "no material effect on the accident ".

Is 91023 a long lost cousin of 4620? After all 4620 was british built and in
3 accidents - the first I'm not sure of, but the second was in the blue
mountains after it ran away at 150km/h with a freight, then of course
Granville.

Australia also had 3817 - the hoodoo engine, also involved in 3 accidents, 2
causing loss of life. Both these locos were scrapped after their third hit.
Perhaps the Brits, simply for the sake of superstition, should follow suit
with 91023 even if there is no material cause of concern. I wouldnt want to
travel with it. Would anyone here want to travel behind 4620 if it was
restored?

Any other "hoodoo" engines people know of?