RE: Box Hill Tram update

>Current plan (and the way it will be built) is to terminate in
>Whitehorse Road, oppsite the end of Market Street and near Station
>Street.  If they decided it should go up to the station they said that
>decission will take more than a year.  (it is all bullshit for, we will
>build the terminus down in Whitehorse Road and it will stay there for at
>least 30 years)

Yes,

As a special concession to those of us who think its important to facilitate
transfers, they are going to "visually integrate" the tram terminus with
market st and the train station 200m up the hill by painting the asphelt a
different colour.

Better than nothing, I suppose, though I'd still rather people didn't have
cross three lanes of traffic and walk 200m up the hill to get to the trains.

Vaughan Williams
Secretary
Public Transport Users Association
247 Flinders Lane