Re: Metcard Adventures (Was: [Melb] Fare evasion)

Daniel Bowen <dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au> wrote in article
<2Mbu6.15280$992.98549@news-server.bigpond.net.au>:

>> Really, if public transport is to compete with the car, it's going to
>> have to become a lot more accessible. Multi modal fares (already the
>> case in Melbourne - for how long now, who knows), being able to tender
>> any

>Since 1983, I believe. A huge jump in patronage followed.

Was more referring to the questionable practice of single modr ticketing
that has been implemented by some of the private operators. Once the
Metcard contract expires in 2006 - what happens thereon?

M.

--
(To email me just remove ".spam" off my email address).

Whip me, Beat me, just don't Windows ME