Re: DSRM

Hi Trevor et al

I do not want to buy into the argument about who is right & who is wrong
about the static display or operating issue and I have never been to
Dorrigo (and probably never will) but it strikes me that with $150,000
of road works etc etc the venture is so far behind the 8 ball to start
with that it does not really stand much of a chance at all.Civil works
are very, very expensive and it sound like the Council is very anti.

No bank will lend money to this sort of venture.The security is for all
intents and purposes of no commercial value.

Charitable group or not, worthy preservation or not, without a sound
business case, pragmatic and realistic management, it will not even get
to first base with a lender. Banks base their decisions on risk. This
has almost no upside at all and heaps of risk. Why would they bother.

These ventures have to be run as businesses. There is no realitic future
with only sentiment. Sorry.

That's my two bobs worth..

Peter
East Burwood Vic