Re: DSRM is an absolute joke

Well, your obviously not interested in contributing towards the saving from
scrap of unique and notable items of railway rolling stock. Maybe your
"contributions" to saving "infrastructure" should entitle you to membership
of the National Trust and you should consider joining the aus.building or
aus.bridge newsgroups and forget about Dorrigo?

Regards,
S.Z.

Trig Lycerides <Trig.Lycerides@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> one point which I omitted to make in my response to you was that I do in
> fact donate considerable financial resources to viable societies who are
> doing something sensible to preserve valuable historical infratsructure
for
> which I have a great passion.  As a disabled person, I am unable to donate
> any personal physical resoucres, which is a matter of enormous regret to
me.
> I have also seriously considered membership of the DRSM and channelling
some
> of my funds their way, but looking at the results it would be like giving
> your money to a bankrupt barrister in NSW - absolutely nothing worthwhile
> would flow from it.
> cheers
> trig
>

> "Steve Zvillis" <szvillis@netspace.net.au> wrote in message
> >
> > Trig Lycerides <Trig.Lycerides@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Dorrigo SRM is absolutely hopeless.
> >
> > Negative and ignorant critics who are not interested in finding out the
> > facts pertaining to Dorrigo and insist in bagging it at every
opportunity
> > rather than joining up and helping it to recover from the legal mire it
> was
> > stuck in for years, are the only thing I find hopeless.
> >
> > > All that is there is a whole lot of rusting rolling stock
> >
> > Bullshit. All stock is being well maintained as needed and as manpower
and
> > resources permit.
> >
> > > and a few bozos who think they might be able to get a
> > > viable railway up and running
> >
> > A lot of "bozos" have invested countless dollars, manhours, etc. against
> > sometimes impossible odds to achieve what would have killed off most
> lesser
> > societies. I wish my own railway had the same ability of raising finance
> and
> > volunteer effort. I have every confidence they will succeed.
> >
> > > They have hopelessly
> > > neglected the real infrastructure that is there, like the station
> building
> > > and the station master's house.  The track is in very poor condition
> > > everywhere.
> >
> > They didn't have a choice in that. The legal fight brought against
Dorrigo
> > led to that unfortunate state of affairs. Blame the instigators of the
> legal
> > action for the decline of the infrastructure.
> >
> > > If you compare and contrast them to smaller operations like
> > > Cooma Monaro railway, who have done an excellent job preserving the
> > valuable
> > > historic infrastructure, or the ARHS ACT division, or the
Stationmaster