Re: Another preserved loco going OS

Thanks Chris for giving everyone the correct information.

"Seymour" has been fully restored and is in regular use at the ILRMS.
"Leichhardt" is indeed surplus to our requirements, there are of course
others of this type of loco restored/preserved in Australia. I am sure
that the L&BRA will get lots of help from, Baguley Ltd, the Manufacturer
of "Leichhardt" and we can rest assured that it will be properly
restored.

The money from the sale will be used for the ongoing restoration of
other ILRMS locomotives such as:
0-4-0T "PWD35" John Fowler No:16089 of 11/1923 ex-Quarries Ltd Kiama,
Shay, Lima Locomotive works Nos.906 of 1904 and 2097 of 1907 (being
combined into one working unit),
"Tully No.8" 0-6-0DH John Fowler No.21912 of 4/1937,
ex-Brownhoist Steam Crane boiler,
and a variety of smaller diesel locomotives and rolling stock.

The ILRMS currently has four fully operational Steam Locomotives in
regular use. We also have about 8 operational diesel/electric/petrol
locomotives, sorry I haven't been in the shed today. The Tully Fowler is
close to completion.

The state of railway preservation is indeed very healthy in our corner
of NSW.

Please give our web site a visit at: http://www.gghome.com/ILRMS/
Our next STEAM Open Days will be on Sunday April 8th ("Cairns"), then
again on Easter Sunday April 15th ("Tully No.6").

Regards

Helen Milway
Hon. Secretary
Illawarra Light Railway Museum Society Ltd.