Re: New Newcastle Trains

"Michael" <usenet.spam@gunzel.net> wrote in message
90708AE77gunzelT333@203.50.2.80">news:90708AE77gunzelT333@203.50.2.80...

> Dave, my point was, that Cityrail just don't have enough rollingstock.
Yes,
> V sets or G sets will replace Dapto-Kiama services, but what is going to
> replace them in areas they were taken out of?

They are going to start receiving Millenium trains soon. Perhaps they might
replace G sets being inappropriately used on runs such as Richmond to Gordon
(or similiar).

I personally think they should run an hourly G set from Springwood to Wyong
via the North Shore - this could replace the V sets currently used on Wyong
runs, as well as allowing them to either: a) run the upper mountains
services express from Springwood (Springwood, Penrith, Parramatta,
Strathfield, Central); or b) provide a half-hourly service from Springwood
to the City. I prefer option a).

Displacing the V sets from Wyong runs, and using them exclusively on
Lithgow/Katoomba, Newcastle and Kiama runs, whilst leaving the G sets for
shorter Springwood, Wyong and Port Kembla runs, would be a better
utilisation of these resources.

Dave