Re: [NSW] K-set window mods

I don't know about what the original K set had before its proper windows.

The original K sets were known as Series 1 and the motor cars are numbered
C3501 to C3504. These are now used on the short north with driving trailers
(D4096 to D4099) to make two car sets. These were the original experimental
a/c sets. I don't know how they were painted prior to the city-decker
scheme, or whether they came with proper windows standard (can anyone shed
light on this?). These have destos only on the motor car.

Series 2 K-set motor cars are numbered C3505 to C3549 with corresponding
trailers T4171 to T4215. These can be distinguished from Series 3; they have
one long rain gutter above the upper level windows. These had the windows
glued and the a/c retrofitted. Before the city-decker scheme these were
unpainted on the front. Only five cars have had the window mods: C3509 and
its trailer T4175, C3525 and its trailer T4191, and C3541. C3509, T4175,
C3525, and T4191 received the mods when they were city-deckered ages ago.
C3541 received its window mods only very recently.

Series 3 K-set motor cars are numbered C3550 to C3580 with corresponding
trailers T4216 to T4236. These were built with a/c and proper windows as
standard. They are distinguishable from window-modified Series 2 K-sets
because their upper level windows are higher, resulting in the rain gutter
above the windows being higher than the rain gutter along the rest of the
car. These also have rain gutters fitted directly above the doors. Before
city-deckering these were painted white on the front with red and orange
stripes, the same as the old C-set and V-set color schemes.

My original question referred to the Series 2 cars which have not received
the window mods.

Rgds
J Boles

E2Zv6.4185$45.21102@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:E2Zv6.4185$45.21102@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...