Re: DSRM and loco hiring

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001 08:55:05 +1000, "Stuart Thyer"
<s.thyer@anatomy.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:

>Steamrail gets nothing like $2000 per day either,
>partially due to the fact the locomotivea are not suitable for use as lead
>units.

Hi Stuart,

Why can't S313 or the Ts lead north or east? I accept that there is a
lack of ASW equipment for GHap - Nth Geelong C, but the rest?  S313
has led to Seymour Dec 00, the Ts to Tocumwal etc.

A driver at Dynon told me that both FA and SRV didn't want its (SRV's)
locos leading, though for different reasons (FA for marketing, SRV to
keep cabs in better order).

Yuri.