Re: Newcastle - Melbourne trip just completed

This is easily solved by having as many cars as necessary allocated as
"wayside" cars -

e.g - the late lamented "Spirit of Progress" on the standard gauge had this
arrangement.

--
Tony Bailey
Mercury World Travel

"Les Chandra" <les_chandra@asparagus.hotmail.com> wrote in message
3ac12e09$1@news.iprimus.com.au">news:3ac12e09$1@news.iprimus.com.au...
> The other problem with the Sydney-Melb XPT is it confuses too many
markets.
> It is really an all-stops local train in NSW that happens to run through
> Melbourne. Last time I took it I was next to two girls going to Wagga
Wagga