Re: [NSW] Noise from stabled CityRail trains

"Maikha V Ly" <maikha@MailAndNews.com> wrote in message
3AC5438A@MailAndNews.com">news:3AC5438A@MailAndNews.com...
> To the interested.
>
> On my last visit to Mt. Victoria, it was Sunday 28th of January 2001
(Posted
> message about that) It was a very foggy day (too foggy you could not even
> see
> the signal west of Mt. Victoria station, not even Mt. Victoria Yard!!!)
and
> one I may never forget.

Fairly typical mountains weather then. :-)

> I'm not sure if this post may relate to this topic, after taking my walk
> around Mt Victoria (I love Mt Viccy so much I'm going back there when I
get
> the chance) I was walking back to the station, just passing I believe a
> block
> with an old craft store (got a picture with the owner outside posing) and
> the
> police station, I heard a strange mechanic noise. Approaching the station
it
> started to get noticable.
> I arrived at the station, the noise didn't seem to come from this:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/microchip_689/images/v62_mtvictoria.htm
> but was comming from somewhere else.

The mist looks fairly mild in that - certainly nowhere near as bad as it can
get around Katoomba and Bleakheath - and NOTHING compared to Tablelands Rd,
Wentworth Falls.

Dave