Re: [MELB] Trams Stops in Balcava x 12

Klockworks <time@alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
3ac513b0@news.alphalink.com.au">news:3ac513b0@news.alphalink.com.au...
> Hi all,
>
> Trams in the Balcava her frozen at 9:30am this morning beacuse of a power
> problem.. they were not working from, Brighton Rd, Chapel St, Carlise St..
>
> Mathew

At around 9am, the overhead under the railway bridge on Carlisle St came
down, and this affected trams (as you said) on Brighton Rd, Chapel St, and
Carlisle St.

I got stranded at the Prahran shunt myself, I saw at least another 10 trams
stranded.

Route 3 trams diverterted via Dandenong Rd, Route 69 would not have been
able to divert. Route 78 trams short shunted at Windsor (crossover at
Dandenong Rd)

At 10am precisely power was restored, and things were a mess.  However,
within 45 mins normal working was resumed.

Andy.