Re: MS Train Sim delayed (again)

"Rod [comtrain]" <freight_man@hotmail.com> wrote in message
3b277b28$0$25470$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3b277b28$0$25470$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> Do they mail-order????  huh! Huh! pretty Huh???
>  :o((((
> although I will buy a genuine copy of Win XP, I will use the pirated copy,
> just to stick both fingers up at MS, who have a system in place requiring
> you to register on the net within 30 days of Installation. Does anybody
know
> if this applies to Train Sim as well ?

No, Only the newer builds of Windows 2000, XP, Office 2000, XP come with
Product Activation. (specifically if you own a Windows 2000 SP1 or Office
2000 SR-1 CD). Micrsoft loves Australia, they used Aus, HK, Brazil, China as
the test countries for Product Activation, XP will be the first products in
US with the '
'feature'

Also Remeber MSTS was not directly made by MS, but by Kuju entertainment(?)

> This effectively stops you from having it installed on your Desk top and
> your Lap top at once. I can only use one machine at a time, and I will not
> be paying twice for the one product. The cracks will be well used, I bet
you
> all! And I suppose that snail mail registration will suffice for those not
> connected to the net?

Yes, you can choose the activation method.  It does it once on the first
install of the app, and whenenever you completely reinstall it(eg after
format). It saves the data on your system so if you ever reinstall it wont
need to reactivate the product.

It you legally own the software you wont even notice the activation step (I
have Office 2000 Premium, and I have only seen the prod act. 3 times since i
got the softwate in march, those 3 times was when i formatted). Its purpose
is to prevent a single cd key being used twice

Back to the trains !

Can someone tell me what is on cd 1 of the game and what is on cd 2 ! I dont
particularry like the japanese tracks so if those two are on a seperate disc
it would save the hassle changing discs all the time

On that point too, someone should start working on aussie skins for the game
! The only aussie locos compatibie to make a skin for the game are the
dash9's in the pilbara or the L class :(

Dominic Sharoo

Webmaster
http://www.nitroware.net
KngtRider@nitroware.net

NitroWare - The Ultimate Technology Enthusiast's Resource