Re: Don't Wake the Neighbours

<redbaron@dom.com.au> wrote in message 9fs513$4v7$1@news.netmar.com">news:9fs513$4v7$1@news.netmar.com...
> Memo to all operations staff
>
> LRV Bell Procedure
>
> Following numerous complaints from residents regarding noise the bells in
the
> LRV's are not to be used at Glebe upline platform except in an emergency
> situation.
> So in normal running could you please only use the LRV bells at Glebe upline
> platform when you deem it necessary to alert passengers on the walkway or at
> the station.

A story my bro (who's a pilot) told me last night (off topic):
Heathrow airport put in noise measuring meters at the ends of the runways
(back in the 70's), and aircraft which exceeded certain limits were sent
"please explains".

BEA's (IIRC) chief pilot received one of these letters after a Trident took
off absolutely screaming.  The chief pilot's reply was along the lines of:
"The reason the pilot went to full throttle on his remaining two engines was
because one had failed on takeoff.  Please rest assured that this will never
happen again, as I have instructed all my pilots that if a similar event
happens, they are to crash as quietly as possible."

Al