Re: Train Numbers

On Fri, 08 Jun 2001 01:49:20 +1000, David Johnson
<trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>On 4 Jun 2001 04:41:09 -0700, jshugg@westpac.com.au (James Shugg)
>wrote:
>
>>David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
>>
>>> E = Electric Loco Hauled passenger
>>>

>>When did the last regular electric loco hauled passenger train run in
>>NSW?
>
>Probably the last electric hauled run of NE35/NE36 - The Grafton
>Express.  I would guess around 1993?

Hmm, interesting what would have happened after the last catenary
flashed past. Did they intend building up momentum speed under the
wires (estimated to be in the vacinity if the speed of light which
would have meant the train arriving at Grafton as it was departing
from Central) and coasting for the next 700kms? or towing a 1.5KV
steam turbine generator?

I do seem to recall the odd occasion I know of when a 46 would take
the Intercapital Daylight to Liverpool or Campbelltown where the usual
44's would take it on to Albury.

:-)

Les Brown