Re: [OT] You know you're a hardcore railfan when...

For me:

...when you catch trains at Penrith and not walk 20mins to Werrington

...When you want to specifically sit on the window side of the
carriage for something along the line (Eveleigh, MainTrain, Flemo?)

...when a passenger on a train has his camera out, switched on and
armed in-case of anything significant passing

...when I slap myself, seeing a Quad 86 at Newnes going to Lithgow
when I should have got off at Mt vic for a pic.

...when I take the train from Penrith to St Marys straight after
skool, sparing $1.20 instead of taking a bus, which could be free from
a school pass

...when you keep your eyes on a railway line while driving instead of
the road (i.e. GWH in the Blue Mountains)

...when the road overpasses a railwayline, you take a peak at both
sides to see anything on the track

...when you are in the garage playing with your model railway layout
(I got one) and 2km away on the Main West you can hear a a heavy train
go over the South Creek Bridge before Werrington, and run out of the
garage just to 'analyse' what noise it is.

That's all for now, next episode, You know you're a hardcore sparks
fan when...

Maikha "V" Ly
theintercityplatform.iwarp.com