Re: [OT] You know you're a hardcore railfan when...

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001 19:51:10 +1000, "Tom" <gunzel3801@optusnet.com.au>
wrote:

>> Must be hardcore if I reading old RD magazines from the 80s also have here
>> the NSW Track and Signal Diagrams on CD thanks to the ARHS/nsw
>> Also reading the General Appendix to the Rules and Regulations (NSW).
>> Planning on a Gunzel for tomorrow Werris Creek to Gunnedah - chase 3801.
>>
>> thats it for now
>> Yours in Railways
>> Tom
>>
>I forgot to mention going to the Red Cow (Pub, as a child with parents in
>the 1980s) opposite the railway line at Penrith.
>Ah what fun.

Nah, the Red Cow is boring - the Alex Hotel at Leura has a back
balcony which fronts the railway line - very indulgent, sitting out
there with a beer or ten watching the trains go past. The same with
the Ivanhoe Hotel in Bleakheath, the beer garden is on the corner of
the GW Highway and Govett's Leap Rd, and has a great view of the
trains going past on the level crossing opposite.

Dave