Re: [OT] You know you're a hardcore railfan when...

Maikha wrote:

> For me:
>
> ...when you catch trains at Penrith and not walk 20mins to Werrington

Closest I'd be guilty of is Glenfield...

> ...When you want to specifically sit on the window side of the
> carriage for something along the line (Eveleigh, MainTrain, Flemo?)

No comment

> ...when a passenger on a train has his camera out, switched on and
> armed in-case of anything significant passing

No comment

> ...when I slap myself, seeing a Quad 86 at Newnes going to Lithgow
> when I should have got off at Mt vic for a pic.

No comment

> ...when I take the train from Penrith to St Marys straight after
> skool, sparing $1.20 instead of taking a bus, which could be free from
> a school pass

Ok, with me, the money comes first ;-)

> ...when you keep your eyes on a railway line while driving instead of
> the road (i.e. GWH in the Blue Mountains)

No comment

> ...when the road overpasses a railwayline, you take a peak at both
> sides to see anything on the track

...when you ask the driver on a Kiama - Dapto shuttle bus if you can
take a picture of the line from the road bridge near Bombo station!

> ...when you are in the garage playing with your model railway layout
> (I got one) and 2km away on the Main West you can hear a a heavy train
> go over the South Creek Bridge before Werrington, and run out of the
> garage just to 'analyse' what noise it is.

Not Applicable

> That's all for now, next episode, You know you're a hardcore sparks
> fan when...

BTW, When I get this film delevoped from yesterday, I've got a shot of
V3 for you (Blue + Gold liverly) at Dapto.

--
Michael Hendy

Webmaster, http://biisetup.cjb.net

e-Gunzel - aus.rail

Basilisk II support questions should be sent to the Delphi forums if
possible, so that they can be quickly and accurately answered (I don't
know everything!)

--
"The world's programmers are trying to make the best idiot-proof
software. The universe, however, is trying to make the best idiot.

"It is our policy to upgrade our product every few months to keep up to
date with new CPUs (such as Athlon and Pentium 4), new Oses (Windows
XP), so that our code base does not get stable." - Darek Mihocka,
Emulators Inc.