Re: [NSW] September 2001 timetable and Millennium train delivery

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001 17:54:20 +1000, "Hubert Lam" <hubert@imap4.com>
wrote:

>"Paul Jones" <zifnab_spam_@goconnect.net> wrote in message
>9fjthi$4kpvm$1@ID-90616.news.dfncis.de">news:9fjthi$4kpvm$1@ID-90616.news.dfncis.de...
>

>> Duplication works between Blacktown and Quakers Hill are now well and
>truly
>> underway. Based on past works (Blacktown loop, Marayong overbridge) it
>> should be finished by 2004.....perhaps....
>
>That should've been started long ago then...
>
>I'm not quite sure on the patronage levels on the Richmond line, so whether
>patronage would justify duplication, I'd have no idea.

That then raises the question of cause and effect. If the patronage is
insufficient to justify more services, is it because the hourly
service does not encourage people to use it? Would a more frequent
service mean increased patronage?

Dave