Re: {NSW} Such thing as a 'Ghost Train'?

On Wed, 30 May 2001 05:52:55 -0400, Maikha V Ly
<maikha@MailAndNews.com> wrote:

>To all
>
>I've been told of a myth from my English Teacher (From Lawson in the Blue
>Mountains) that there WAS an apparrent "Ghost Train" lurking around the Blue
>Mountains.
>The myth was that a mysterious train, Shows up on Computer Screens or Signal
>Indicators but has no physical ability to exist or be sighted.
>
>Is there such thing? Has there been any reports of any kind of Ghost Train
>anywhere in NSW?

That sounds like the wonderful new computer screens they have
installed on the Blue Mountains, subsequent to the Glenbrook accident.
They often put trains on the screen that weren't there, or had trains
disappear that were there.  The SPAD alarm apparently never went off
when trains were authorised to pass autos at stop either.   The
newspapers covered it all a couple of months ago.

David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/
These comments are made in a private