Re: {NSW} Such thing as a 'Ghost Train'?

Maikha V Ly wrote:

> To all
>
> I've been told of a myth from my English Teacher (From Lawson in the Blue
> Mountains) that there WAS an apparrent "Ghost Train" lurking around the Blue
> Mountains.
> The myth was that a mysterious train, Shows up on Computer Screens or Signal
> Indicators but has no physical ability to exist or be sighted.
>
> Is there such thing? Has there been any reports of any kind of Ghost Train
> anywhere in NSW?

I remember reading an article in the Daily Telegraph not long ago about
some new track circuit system installed at Katoomba. It was unreliable
and the signaller they interviewed mentioned a 'phantom train' on a
third track at Wentworth Falls.

Maybe you can check the archives at http://www.news.com.au and find the
article.

--