Re: City Circle 'W' s back in service.

"Andy B" <andyx@optushome.com.au> wrote in message
news:0o8R6.5228$25.18769@news1.eburwd1.vic.optushome.com.au...
> "Ted Gay" <tedgay@bigpond.com> wrote in message
>
> > Not in Melbourne but plenty of experience on Sydney MLR.  A conductor
was
> > once thrown over and concussed, he had a week off on compo.
> >
> > When training and on stopping at Star City on one trip I thought I was
> over
> > shooting the mark, which is the two grey tiles at kerb edge.  Dragged
the
> > controller into full braking including track brakes and at 5km/h wow!
The
> > instructor said 'the little old lady who got up early is now on the
floor
> > with a broken hip, better to over-run a little'.  When ever I have a
> > standing load on board I take it steady through the Haymarket area.
>
> Out of curiousity, did you know a driver by the name of Alistar Fincher?

Yes, Alistair had worked a couple of stints as a conductor but left soon
after completing his driver training near the time of the opening of the
WestEx last August.

Can readly remember his reaction to our different rule (actually no rule) at
facing points.  The facing points to the depot are on a straight which the
trams cross at 60/70km/h, but of course are controlled and interlinked with
the signaling.

Ted