Re: State Rail - No, State Joke. [NSW]

"Bill Bolton" <billbolton@computer.org> wrote in message
news:f3q9htcasu4le9pk4fa5fv76tbv4hsv2na@4ax.com...
> "David Bennetts" <davibenn@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Yes, presume you mean Caltrain from San Jose. Trains quite comfortable,
> > though the tracks are a bit ropey
>
> A bit ropey?!? They are attrotious and get worse year by year.
>
> That certainly clears up any doubts I might have had about you being
> even realistic in your assement of CityRail.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bill
>

> Bill Bolton
> Sydney, Australia

Bill

So your whole opinion of my judgment on CityRail's performance is based on
what I said about one of  four systems you picked in the USA!  I've seen a
few others in the world to compare CityRail with, and it wouldn't anywhere
come near most European standards.   How about Hong Kong, Singapore and
Kuala Lumpur as well.  Closer to home, admittedly on a smaller scale, I
think most readers of this newsgroup would agree that Brisbane's network
leaves Sydney for dead.  Haven't been to Japan, but reckon they'd run rings
around CityRail.

Yes CityRail's better than many systems, but in my opinion could do much
better (as indeed it has proven during the Olympics when I did give CityRail
a pat on the back through this newsgroup).

Regards

David Bennetts

Regards

David Bennetts