Re: RTM and steam? In the same sentence?

I don't think the cost is the issue or whether RTM should have received the
equivalent to keep their program functioning.

This is the first professional assessment of such a collection that I have
seen. When we have some irreplaceable examples of our industrial history
likely to diappear through sheer neglect and lack of dollars, then a
professional assessment such as has been undertaken, within the limits of
lack of archival access as specified on the website, cna be a valuable
lobbying tool. If SRA is prepared to follow through on their obvious
realisation that they have been neglecting their role as custodians of the
State's history, then more power to their arm whether it be at Thirlmere or
Eveleigh or any where in between.

Instead of arguing about who should have got what and when, we should all be
making appropriate comments on the report and/or lobbying Michael Egan to
loosen the post-Olympic pursestings to assist with the retention of at least
the core collection.

Graham Sith