Re: Fate of other 38 class locos

Chris wrote...

> Will 3813 reassembly be before or after Badger has its wheels put back on?

Badger will be first. The wheels have been re-tyred.

> Even if the put 3813 back together, it will resemble a rotten park loco.
Just a rusty shell with a lot of bits missing.

I think it can be done a little better than that. The loco will need new
boiler cladding, which should give it a reasonable appearance. It will be
better than a shell. All the major components are accounted for. Other parts
(like the air compressor) we can supply from our spare parts holding. The
alternative is to scrap the locomotive, which would be a shame.

Trevor