Re: Rough Tracks

"ROBERT SCHROEDER" <bobschroeder@optushome.com.au> wrote in message
pdj3btop531nb40tl8484c84n6r14vlbr5@4ax.com">news:pdj3btop531nb40tl8484c84n6r14vlbr5@4ax.com...

> You should compare the corridors rather than the country wide
> population base,
> The population in the Sydney-Canberra-Melbourne corridoe is very
> similar to the Paris-Lyon corridor, albeit the distance is greater.
> Yhe eastern seaboard of Australia could easily support Very Fast
> Trains!

And the Sydney-Melbourne corridor is the third most heavily trafficked air
corridor in the world. I seriously doubt that you could not woo some (most?)
of them onto a rail service that offered the same city centre to city centre
journey times, just like what has happened in Europe with similiar journeys.

Dave