Re: Southern O-Bahn comes off the rails

"David Bromage" <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote in message
3AB16AD1.EDFFD820@fang.omni.com.au">news:3AB16AD1.EDFFD820@fang.omni.com.au...
> Adelaide's southern O-Bahn plan has been scrapped by the State
> Government because it would cost up to $182 million. The route was
> proposed to be between the city and Bedford Park, using both the
> Noarlunga Centre and Tonsley rail corridors.
> [Good news at last!]

Thank heavens for that. It was one of the silliest ideas I have heard for a
long while, from the city of silly transport ideas.

What was this O-Bahn supposed to do once it hit the narrow rail corridor at
Ascot Park Junction?

 All that is needed is about 1km of rail extension across what is still
mostly open space to a bus/rail interchange at the entrance to Flinders
Medical Centre and Flinders University on Main South Road.

Then again, this would be too sensible and need you to run more *trains* -
something that terrifies Adelaide.