Re: Travel Guides (Slightly OT)

"Anita Lukaszyk" <neety@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
news:3AAB0F30.4C5A5C77@iprimus.com.au...
> Santosh Bhat wrote:
>
> > Westbus is crap, I will go out of my way to avoid using one of their
> > services..even if it means walking in rain to avoid paying their fares.
> >
> > Bring on Competition for Western Sydney buses i say!
> >
> > Santosh
>
> For me to get to Penrith I can:
>
> a) Walk to Kingswood (12 mins) and get a train (3 mins). Cost $0.
> Frequency 10-20 mins.
>
> b) Catch the bus, and walk (5 mins) to the bus stop and then 20 mins on
> the bus. Cost $1. Frequency 30-60 mins.
>
> Why bother with Westbus?

Come on, Westbus must be improving, judging by the crappy old busses they're
sending to Maitland after their takeover of Blue Ribbon.  I don't think I've
seen a Westbus bus here that would be less than 15 years old.  In the
meantime, the number of newer Blue Ribbon busses around here seems to be
shrinking fairly quickly.  Any sightings in Sydney?

Al