Re: CityRail on-time plan slipping

Yes - confirmed. The 5:26pm Jannali to Cronulla has been more than 5 minutes
late now for the last two weeks.

The South Coast train before it appears to be running very late too. The
Waterfall Tangara (it's always a Tangara 8 car set this train) due at 5:20
is also running upto 5 minutes late.

Only one day out of the last two weeks have any of these trains run anywhere
near their normal timetable.

The Cronulla train has been variously "The train on platform 1 is running 22
minutes late: 11 minutes late: 17 minutes late: 9 minutes late: 19 minutes
late etc.." over this time period.

I've got to go to court soon to contest a $100 fine from them and I'm going
to make sure that my brief will slip in reference to the thousands of
dollars of spent on alternate transports and actual jobs I've lost because
of State Rail's tardy and careless performance in getting me to work.

It's been worse than it is now, but yes, it's slipping again and yet again I
refuse to pay for it when it's really late, as I'm of the opinion that State
Rail have failed to honour their duty of contract (The contract is the
ticket, and the duty is to provide efficient and timely service). They fail
their part of the contract, I don't pay for service rendered extremely late
or not at all. It's compounded by the fact that the station staff don't know
what the hell is going on at any given minute.

Ivan