Re: [QLD] 2HR TRANSFER ticket - what is it?

Its a 1-2-3 Inter modal ticket on sale for about 2 years I think. Can only
get them from citytrain TVM machines, works on BCC Bus & Ferry & QR City
Train Within the brisbane area.
Most bus drivers have never heard of it, but it is good value for a few
places.
It is useful at stations that have good or high volume bus transfer
points, or if you are planning to rove around the CBD area.
CityTrans (http://www.transinfo.qld.gov.au/iptisnet/Intergrated.html) is
the next step in the joint venture offering 10 trip savers, off peak
tickets and day rovers.
Widespread integrated ticketing is due any year now, been 10 years in the
talking.
(http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/qt/ptinfo.nsf/index/integratedfront)
Last info I saw was about 2003 we will have the full roll out integrated
ticketing in South East Queensland. Saw the technology on display, very
clever but will confuse people alot as it goes against what everyone is
used to by requiring a double swipe of your card on entry and exit from
the vehicle/station, failure to do so will result in a full fare being
debited to your card (between $5-$7).

regards
michael