Re: Countrylink food and service

I don't think you can really compare the Countrylink situation with
operations in Britain.  Firstly, train food in Britain is very expensive,
on-train sandwiches for example cost about twice as much as they do in a
typical shop.  Breakfast is a very expensive meal on board.   I don't think
Countrylink passengers would pay exorbitant prices for food.

British trains carry a reasonably high percentage of business travellers,
I'd suggest Countrylink carry very few indeed, they nearly all travel by air
for longer distances, shorter distances in the company car.

There is no doubt that the standard of food on Countrylink falls far short
of gourmet standard - but it is reasonably priced and affordable for the
masses.  I agree that QR food is far better, and it is also affordable.
Perhaps Countrylink could change their caterer.  Also if they were to use
microwave ovens they'd probably get on better, re-heated food using their
present equipment tends to dry out the product.

regards

David Bennetts