Re: Box Hill Tram update

Bryan Cullis wrote:

> It still is the busiest suburban station outside of Flinders St., and it
> appears that the design was so people would buy things on their way out of
> the complex or between train and bus stations.  Let's also remember it was
> the eighties!!  Anyway, I use the transport centre every day travelling from
> East Ringwood to Deakin University and I think it works fine.  If only the
> train and bus times were co-ordinated!!  Now THAT'S what I'd call a
> transport centre!

I use Box Hill station everyday too, but in my case I live 5 minutes walk from
the train platform so I very rarely go from a train to a bus or vice versa (I
used to when I lived in other parts of Box Hill/Box Hill North.

I find that the biggest problem is that shoppers like to stroll along slowly while
commuters will rush through the centre in a hurry.  It's not that bed
going through there to get my 0756 City Loop train.  But after 0830-0900
it starts to get crowded and annoying to get to the station from the
outside.

But I must say that I don't find it too much of a problem since the trip
from the shopping centre enterence to the station platform is less than
a minute compared to the 4 minutes or so that it takes me to get to the
enterence from home.

The otherthing I found was that when I have used the buses, the
escalators aren't really designed to let people pass others on them.
Not that those sort of things have stopped me from boarding a bus in a
hurry in the past (people will move when they see you running!).