[NSW] Bomaderry - Nowra Extension

Would anyone have any info on the never completed Bomaderry - Nowra
extension?

I recall seeing in some pictures of an wooden bridge that spanned the
Shoalhaven river at the end of the South Coast line and I think it was
part of a shunting neck around the 1960's.

I had opportunity to visit Nowra (Bomaderry) on Saturday. Part of the
bridge across the roadway has been demolished, but the sections spanning
the river were still intact, although in poor condition. Does anyone
know when this bridge was decommissioned?

Also has there been any plan in recent years to extend the line into
Nowra township? I think it would be logical to do it if they ever decide
to electrify the remaining Kiama - Bomaderry section.

Regards,

Jon Lau