Re: TasRail blamed for fire

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001 23:05:10 +1100, "Rod [comtrain]"
<freight_man@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Sounds to me that the farmer had neglected to protect his property with a
>grass fire break!
>smouldering sleepers do set fire to grass, but it would be unusual for, even
>melting brake blocks, to set fire across a properly ploughed fire break!
>Farmer was not having financial problems, I'm wondering...sort of a
>stock-take? Wools pretty well stuffed, with China not buying, and Japan
>still in recession??

I think you will find that wool is doing comparitively well these days
and the wool stockpile is reducing all the time.

It could be Tasrail's fault in that it tried to avoid the cost of
making proper firebreaks in order to increase its sale price to
whoever....

Les Brown