Re: [Melb] Odd ticket

> >The tickets that the bus drivers have are blank.  When you buy a ticket
> >from the driver he/she tells the machine which one, and hands you a
> >blank metcard (or puts it into the validator for you) and the machine
> >incodes it and validates.  The "ticket" doesn't die if you don't slick
> >it into the machine in time, it is just a blank ticket
>
> Is that anything like a blank cheque? :)

I suppose so, but it is just a little harder to write the information
and then forge the signature. (I think the Metcard tickets are 16 bit
encoded, and 32 bit for the Metcard Xpress)

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero