Woman bails out seconds before train hits car

Woman bails out seconds before train hits car

A woman escaped unscathed when she jumped from her car seconds before a
train slammed into it at a level crossing in Arizona.

Jayme Plank was not injured but her Honda Accord was destroyed by the Union
Pacific train.

She was caught in bumper-to-bumper traffic and the car was still on the
tracks as warning lights started flashing and the crossing arm came down.

Ms Plank was later cited by police for stopping on railroad tracks, reports
the Arizona Daily Star.

Ms Plank, from Tucson, said: "I honked my horn, and the lady in front of me
moved up as far as she could but I was stuck. I had no other option but to
bail out."

Sergeant Richard Vidaurri, a Marana police spokesman, said Ms Plank got out
of the vehicle just in time.

--
Regards,
David Lindstrom