Re: What ever happened to.... these lines?

"Philip Shortus" <Shortus@bigpond.com> wrote in message
nirl6.1698$v5.5818@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:nirl6.1698$v5.5818@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
| Hey,
| What ever happened to the workers trains that use't to run down through,
| Enfield, Chullora and Clydeburn?

They stopped running.

| I know that Clydeburn, Delec and the
| welders platforms remain, but what happened to them?

Nothing if they remain.

| What ever happened to Hope street (Enfield Loco)

Delec was Enfield Loco.

| and enfield south?

When I left Delec they were both still there. Delec was the end of the line.
Hope Street and Enfield South were still there also, but the road between
Hope Street and Delec Platform was cut. The Southern part was used for Bi-Di
running to/from Delec and the Up Goods south of where South Box used to be.
Delec Platform was only used for the wheat trains to Loves Siding.

| When did the trains stop running?

About 96/97 I think.

| Do they still use the siding that branches of the East Hills line between
| Holsworthy and Glenfeild that served the Australian defence storage?
| The Points are still there, tracks and is still listed as a functional
| railway line.
| What ever happened to it, I've only ever seen one train in there.

That's one more than I've ever seen. AFAIK, it was never used apart from
when they built it.