Re: What ever happened to.... these lines?

Philip Shortus wrote:

> Hey,
> What ever happened to the workers trains that use't to run down through,
> Enfield, Chullora and Clydeburn?

They don't run anymore - There are hardly any staff there now.

> I know that Clydeburn, Delec and the
> welders platforms remain, but what happened to them?

They remain.

> What ever happened to Hope street (Enfield Loco)

The track was abandoned when Delec platform became the end of the line.

> and enfield south?

Shrug.

> When did the trains stop running?

around 1994 IIRC.

> Timetables?,

Boring.

> Info?,

Not much.

> Photos?

Somewhere.

> Do they still use the siding that branches of the East Hills line between
> Holsworthy and Glenfeild that served the Australian defence storage?

I've never seen it used, or any evidence that it has been used.

> The Points are still there, tracks and is still listed as a functional
> railway line.
> What ever happened to it, I've only ever seen one train in there.

No traffic for it due to a complete lack of war.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au