Re: Countrylink bookings at Connex Premium stations

> Today I booked a ticket for a Countrylink journey (within New South Wales!)
> next week and was told I could pick it up at my local "premium" station
> (Mitcham).
> Got to Mitcham station at 1740 today and found it open, but de-staffed.
> A hand written note in the booking office window saying that the computer
> was "down" and that "V/Line" bookings could be made at either Blackburn or
> Ringwood.
> There was another notice saying staff do not make change for the Metcard
> ticket machines.
> What are the tasks of "on duty" staff at premium stations? Mitcham down
> platform is rarely, if ever, staffed.

The down platform booking office was borded up when the station was
re-painted and re-branded into Connex livery/signage a week or so ago.

> There are notices saying the booking office area is video monitored but
> there appears to be no way of communicating with any staff that might be on
> duty.
> My understanding of premium stations in Melbourne was that they were
> supposed to be "staffed" from first train to last seven days a week.

That is correct and they also have to provied a level of staffing to met
the needs of the customer.  (Like Ringwood having two on duty, the guy
on the island platform goes to the toilet, or collect a green star, or
talk to the guy on the down platform and the platform which is used for
most of the train is not staffed)

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero